How do i order spare parts?
You can order spare parts from your local Emmaljunga partner. It's best to visit the store with your stroller. Your Emmaljunga partner can perform repairs and provide on-site service. If you're unable to come to the store, the Partner will need the following information:
- Stroller model
- Serial number
- A picture of the needed part
Service & FAQ
Even though we conduct quality and durability tests and only select materials of the highest quality, you must still maintain and care for your stroller to ensure its longevity. There is no stroller completely immune to wear and tear, especially on wheels, tires, and other moving parts. Similarly, no fabrics in the world can maintain 100% colorfastness when exposed to UV radiation. By following the care instructions, you will enjoy your stroller for a long time to come!
General care advice
- Never expose the stroller to intense sunlight for extended periods.
- Always use the rain cover in snowy or rainy conditions.
- Avoid storing the stroller in cold or damp places.
- To prevent mold growth on the fabric, make sure the stroller is thoroughly dried after use, preferably at room temperature.
- Immediately wipe down the chassis if it gets wet.
- Ensure the stroller is always dry before storing it.
- Rinse and dry the stroller before storing it if you've used it near the sea or on salted roads.
- Handle with care during transport and storage as the chassis surface is delicate.
- Scratches that occur after purchase are not eligible for warranty claims.
REGULARLY CHECK THAT:
- All chassis locks are functioning correctly.
- All rivets, screws, and nuts are securely tightened and undamaged.
- No plastic components are damaged.
- All wheel bearings are in good condition.
- Elastic bands have not lost their elasticity.
- The front bar is intact and can move freely.
Regularly inspect the handles and the bottom of the carrycot/bassinet for any signs of damage or wear and tear.